Screenprint a poster!
Time & Location
About the Event
Learn how to print your own poster with an introduction to screen printing, where you'll learn the basics of the process and will get to print 5 A3 (Fabriano Unica 250gsm/white) posters with your own design.
We'll be working with two colours per print, so you can create a third colour through layering if you'd like to - or you could use one colour and create two different prints! If you work best digitally, we'll ask for your design a few days prior to the workshop so that we can prepare it. Or if you'd rather print a drawing or collage, you can do this on the day! We'll be using the following colours:
- purple (lavender)
- pink (blush)
A breakdown of the day:
- An introduction to screen printing, including a printed guide
- Time to design! If you haven't prepared a design, we'll be working on these now. If you have prepared a design, we'll be coating the screens and exposing your designs ready for printing
- Once the screens are ready, everyone will print their first layer of colour before cleaning off the screen and coating them for the next part of the design - this will also be a good time to have a break for lunch
- We'll expose the second part of your design and print the final layer!
It's quite common to come across small challenges in the screen printing process - maybe the screen hasn't exposed properly or you haven't washed off all of the emulsion, so please bear in mind that this is a loose running order! If everything goes to plan we may finish earlier, and if not we may overrun a little... We'll have some fika to keep us going either way!
Please also note that the studio is very much a working studio - it's not glamorous so please don't wear anything that you absolutely don't want to get ruined, and high heels are not recommended.
- VIP (very important printer)1,000 kr1,000 kr00 kr